
G continues to work on his pieces and I continue to work on mine. This is my most recent finished piece which stands around 1 meter x 30cm. It is unnamed so I call it "I Have No Name." I've repeated this pattern I think three times now, so it's time for an pattern change. I've sketched a few ideas in my book, but so far this pattern is my favorite flavor. I think it's quite... crispy and yummy. The exhibition is going to be a beautiful thing for both of us, me and G, regardless if we sell one thing. That is not why we're doing all the work.
Now, my dilemma is that I have not spoken about why I am making these paintings... what they mean... the deeper picture... the floodgates open when someone asks. Or I'm silent without an answer. It's a strange contradiction.
One month from now, this apartment will be covered with sawdust, plaster dust, paint stains, and best of all, finished work.
I'm hoping to have some work shipped in from America if I can get a hold of a few pieces. They won't be to sell, but I want to show them. They deserve to be shown. Like this one for example:

Oh, and it stopped snowing. This is my white world.

2 comments:
i like your new one! i can't wait to see pictures of the show- i'm very excited about seeing your works together.
i went to your fine art on your photography page and remembered that "becoming jupiter" was my favorite from your senior show.
that was completely me accidentally signed into the family blog.
btw, i like your post on simplicity but was afraid to say something about it because it was deep and all i really wanted to say was "wow."
Post a Comment