After a few weeks of deliberation, Gabe and I decided that it would be a good idea for Shelby to have a friend to play with. This is a preventative approach, however, considering her daily attempts to destroy our flat, piece by piece. We think it's because she is lonely and is trying to get our attention. We lock her out of the bedroom at night and by 5:00 in the morning, she's singing the lonely song at the top of her lungs, pawing at the door to get in and be with us.
I figured it out, though, that cats are just too darn cute, and I couldn't say no to a new kitty if I tried.
Join me in welcoming, if you will, the newest addition to the family: Oliver. (or Mustang, we haven't decided yet).
This is the brother of Shelby, born three weeks ago, alongside his two playful sisters. He is Siamese but turned out very different than the other two. We love his specialness and his big black nose. He has sweetness written all over his face.

Jasmine, Karmen, and Oliver

look at his big lion paws!

one

i'm a lion. hear me roar.

"no one heard me"

Karmen

Oliver and Jasmine

I'm in love.

3 comments:
i love the "no one heard me" picture! he's too cute- i'm glad your kitty litter is growing and you have warm, fuzzy friends to play with in your apartment :)
hehe. He reminds me of a baby Aslan.
FYI: I've added your blog to the special "family" file where I go to read family's writings.
Love you!
He's beautiful! Looks like a little lion cub. You could have named him after your older brother. Do you remember when your younger brother's teacher asked him what animal every member of his family would be if they were animals? He said his older brother would be a lion because he was the king of the jungle.....(house). Do you remember what animal he said you would be?
Post a Comment