Saturday, August 14, 2010

famous people are people too

Rhett made a funny comment today about how aggravating it is to him when people idolize really great worship leaders. We were speaking specifically about a favorite of ours who has recently quit music to pursue acting. She's an awesome girl and loves Jesus, but she's really interested in bringing Jesus into the entertainment industry versus a church full of believers. I'm all about that myself. Actually, that's exactly what I want to be doing. I am nothing but a vessel, really.

This film I'm working on, starting next week, may or may not have some famous people in it. It will certainly have some very non-famous people, including myself, hoping to get their name out there and jump start a career in acting. My hear is in it, swimming hard and fast, but if it doesn't, it doesn't, and it was never meant to. Would I let it go without hesitation if God asked point blank to drop it? Yes. And I would cry, a lot. Why? Because His plans are bigger even though reality hurts with avengence.

What they don't tell you in acting class is that the first opportunity for something like this doesn't come easy. In fact, it rarely happens at all for most people studying and slaving away at auditions for years and years.

I just hope this film meets its potential to do something amazing in people's lives. Afterall, that would be a very great thing.

No comments: