Saturday, March 13, 2010

WWF mate!

It was really funny this morning when while my husband was reading the newspaper, he looked up and said, "Did I ever tell you I was a huge nerd about the WWF when I was a kid?"

I laughed and said, "No. But my brother use to always watch that crap on TV. I would leave the room because I thought it was so stupid."

He looked confused.

I continued, "He even had some of the action figures."

He looked even more confused.

It was then that we realized we weren't talking about the same thing. I was imagining Gabriel playing with miniature steroid-stuffed wrestlers, and was quite surprised to think they would interest him at all, but apparently, the WWF in Switzerland stands for the World Wildlife Fund.

Oh, intercontinental relationships. They never cease to entertain.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What really makes this funny is that it is not the WWF you are remembering..it is the WWC

Rachel said...

Nope, the WWF was the FAKE wrestling... the WWC was real wrestling... Rhett like the fake stuff.