Thursday, March 18, 2010

A Spring in My Step

I've been actively watching the mothers around my village. I watch them push their children around in strollers, I watch them pedal through the city with their little ones in baby bike trailers, and recently I've watched two and three year old toddlers ride around on these pedalless push bikes, which I've never in my life seen in America. It's absolutely astounding to see these small children riding with their mom down the street.

I found this video on youtube of a two year-old boy riding his...he's only TWO!! So adorable. The mom (the creator of the video, I assume) said that her mother brought this back from Germany and now sells the bikes online.



Yesterday Gabriel and I went on a walk into the lush Wanderweg forest. A "Wanderweg" here in Switzerland is a marked trail or road through the forests and rural village neighborhoods. They are everywhere. These "Wanderwegs" make it possible to walk across the entire country if you want, which is a neat thought if camping was allowed, which it's not. Walks are usually common for us, but with things the way they've been, we seldom have the desire to get out of the house unless we're forced. Thankfully, the sun was out and the weather only required a small jacket, so we went on our wandering way.

We passed through a neighborhood of rather large homes with rather large yards and I got to thinking about my own wish and dream of owning a house with a yard for the kids. Unless you're a millionaire, a farmer, or are planning to inherit a large sum of money, it's practically impossible to own a house in Switzerland. I dream, still. I dream of days when money crosses my mind not-a-once, and when I mother the children of the love of my life. I'm in no hurry for either, for He knows the plans He has for me. And it takes time to prosper.

I am looking forward to Spring when it comes as more than just a blink of warm wind and sunshine. I look forward to Summer and spending much coveted time with my family and friends, the people who ignite something bright within me. I've also learned from a good friend that it's great to look forward as long as you're okay with where you're at. As I come to terms with things as they are, I realize how much sweeter forward tastes, and I press on.

1 comment:

Sarah W K said...

it takes time to prosper...such a good thought.