Wednesday, September 23, 2009

no breaky no spilly no messy

For the most part, I am not a clumsy person. I've prided myself in this fact over the years, often to a fault, because I can get really mad at myself if I don't maintain the "standard." Why did I ever come up with this stuff? Genetic disposition, maybe? I just did not want to be the kind of person who breaks things and drops things and spills things and then has to spend the money to replace them. No breaky no spilly = no messy no wasted money. I destroyed enough as a child.

Doomed to fail at the standard I set, I now pride myself in the laughing at these incredulous situations and feeding my soul with the good vibes laughter brings. Incredulous you say? This week alone I have managed to spill soup on myself, dump two small bowls of salad dressing over on the counter (two times in a row, one right after I cleaned up the first) chip two plates, shatter a wine glass in the dishwasher when I opened it because it somehow got sandwiched between some plates (don't know how that happened) and knocked over a big glass in the washer when I closed it which broke it and the small glass it fell on.

My exact words were, "This dishwasher is possessed!" Gabe just laughs at me and says I'm cute.

I picked up the broken glass and placed it in the recycling container, aka "the bin of reminders of the stuff I've broken".

I have an entire collection of Mikasa crystal back in America, so I guess it's good I'm breaking the cheap stuff now.


No comments: