Day 9: I've discovered how to make almond butter. What an amazing gift of nature. Thanks, Stephanie, for letting me invade your kitchen for two hours while we watched your food processor grind my almonds into a magical paste of deliciousness.
I'm counting down the days till I can have bananas, and in four more days I'll be on PHASE TWO of the diet which will allow for three tablespoons of honey per day instead of one. Today I ate mostly raw veggies and berry smoothies, one chicken hot dog with goat cheese (weird combo, I know) and drank lots of vanilla Rooibos tea and water. I kept myself busy outside of the house so I wasn't thinking about food all day.
Day 10: I worked out seriously hard-core today. I haven't sweat this much since softball tournaments in the 5th grade. I was proud of myself so cheated on my diet and had a handful of popcorn as Gabriel and I watched the "Castle" season finale. There's nothing wrong with popcorn. It's actually a very healthy snack, but it's not allowed until PHASE THREE. I don't feel guilty.
Exercise: 12 minutes burn workout, 5 minutes weight training
Feeling good, feeling strong, feeling capable. I think we may actually get through this thing.
1 comment:
I miss your thoughts. you probably feel like you have too many right now, having traveled so far so recently. maybe an abstract poem will say it all in one blow? I miss you.
Post a Comment