It's cold and wet outside. Gabe is mixing paint and we have a sermon from Les Beauchamp on the stereo about dreaming big, all the way to death… not sacrificing imagination at the alter of logic. Gabriel is dreaming big. I am dreaming big. I am not quitting because God is and will continue doing big things.
My memories sit inside of me, some haunting, some as declarations of God's power and movement. I want to be like a little child imagining impossible things, and wear faith's foolish label proudly. I wish some of my memories could be replaced with faith and imagination, propelling me forward. It may sound crazy but in the current of the history of the kingdom, God moved mountains through crazy people.
Oh Jon and Andy, you most certainly felt foolish coming up with the idea for a film about abortion. Created in the Bible belt, by two conservative white men, you decided to push out a film on a subject people don't like to talk about. And now, people are talking and talking about the subject no one wants to talk about.
I'm astounded more and more how real God is. How tangible he is. When the impression for the story came to Jon, I'm certain he felt to himself "This is crazy." But this is just the beginning. The "this is crazy" is becoming "this is awesome!" It's the beginning of an anointing and a pouring out of God's love and grace through empowering men and women to stand for life. We might see God doing things that the world says are crazy. We should expect it, declare it, proclaim it, believe it, and an outpouring of God's kingdom with come. We can't know what it will look like, but we will recognize it when it comes.
Right now he's doing it in the voices of the women brave enough to talk, through men humbled in their unique stories of regret and coming out in honesty. He extends his grace to their hearts and that which was in the dark is coming into the light. I feel it shining on my face in this gloomy winter fog. My hands are out to receive from an unfathomably generous God, and I will never stop dreaming.
1 comment:
Some things aren't meant to hushed up and ignored....to be shoved in closets, left to the dust and decay. The topic of abortion is a shaky one. There is no (and should never be) a balance between "choice" and genocide. I had to stop reading reviews because it angered me. The unbelievers who persecute with their "intellect" and hypocrisy anger me. I'm proud of you, of Jon and Andy, and of those who refuse to back down in the fight for life. I miss you. I want to eat sushi and drink wine with you. Until then, I'm praying for you!!
Post a Comment