I have a long day tomorrow and as it seems it's 2am and I can't fall asleep. Maybe it's because I haven't tried yet, or maybe it's because I'm still in the strange American "on the go" rhythm I was on while touring through Alabama and Mississippi on the OCTOBER BABY radio promo tour.
Regardless, all I can seem to think about is the time in my life when being awake at 2am was a regular evening and I wrote frantically to record the day and while listening to Pearl Jam and Tori Amos for inspiration.
Sometimes I remember her, that girl I once was. Sometimes I get a glimpse of her in the mirror and I remember how far I've come.
2 comments:
I'm looking forward to your reminiscing on "a year ago." So curious if this girl now is one you like or one you ever thought you'd be.
I saw glimpses of that girl all through October Baby. I saw her sad, I saw her angry, I saw her pondering, I saw her happy. She's still in there, no matter how far you have come or how far you will go....she will always be in there.
Remember that great quote, "everywhere I go, there I am".
Post a Comment