I have updated my other blog, Visionary Kanary, with photos from a beautiful and radiant photo session with Corinne. I haven't had too much time to sit down and work on a blog post to update the little things, but all in all the past few weeks have been tremendous.
I'll preface this post by saying that it had taken a year and half for me to arrive here in Switzerland. Yes, I landed on the ground in the big flying machine with my two feet in front of me and a wedding dress in my suitcase, but it's been the recent days where I've really stepped out and embraced the ways of things here.
I had a great Easter weekend on a retreat with our church fellowship. I learned and spoke more German than on the average days and felt the sweet quiet whisper of God in my ear while we ate and sang and danced and played. One of the best weekends I've had since moving to Switzerland, and I don't say that lightly. It's ironic, too, because we originally had no desire to attend this retreat. Hindsight shows He was painting a different picture.
The more I learn about the Swiss people, the more I am convicted by my prejudices. If it weren't for their love, I'd be swimming in an ocean of loneliness and displacement. I can happily call it home here and that is important for me. Dothan is still "home" in my vocabulary... the hot afternoon golden hour is still in my vocabulary for "home"... my references to "home" almost always mean Alabama, but here is my home, too.
Home is where you make it.
Wherever I am, I want home to be where I have my children and love my friends.
1 comment:
I understand this thought, deep in my heart. Home will always be Alabama for me too- the peanuts, the warm Summer evenings, the people.
but home is Chicago now.
Post a Comment