I am updating because I haven't done that in a while. Right now I am sitting at my father's kitchen counter watching Gabriel learn how to make phone calls on American house phones. It's cute... "don't forget to dial 1 first, dear!"
The flight was kind of a nightmare. I mean that in the most optimistic of ways, because if I were brutally honest I would tell about the anger that rose up in my throat when the little boy continued to kick my seat the entire 8 hours. The kind of anger that scares even the gentlest of people. I would tell about the almost migraine that destroyed my flying joy and kept me from watching movies on my individual movie screen, which I have only had a total of two times in my life.
I'll spare you those gruesome unfairities.
Gabriel was with me, though, for the first time in my life... for the first time in our marriage... and he rubbed my temples and filled my love cup until the flight attendant brought me some headache drugs. Then, I was happy.
So, on to being happy in America.
We've been eating a lot of food and doing lots of wonderful gluttonous things. I told G he deserved to splurge after all of his hard work. We've eaten out once a day and watched movies on TV... not because these are great things to do, but because they are so different from our daily events in Switzerland. I'm lucky if I even talk to a person other than my husband on a daily basis there, but here I talk enough to feel like myself again. I'm convinced I will arrive there, in Winterthur, soon, and hope to attain some sense of a social existence.
In the short, life is good, both here and there.
America, I kiss you on the cheek.
No comments:
Post a Comment