I regretfully did not have my camera on me. Just my handy dandy cell phone camera.
The fairy-tale reached its climax when we reached a small village bordering our final destination. On the outside of one of the buildings was a sign that read, "Tres Amigos" Mexican food. My stomach was like, "Oh my gah... are you for real?" I can't convey to you how strongly I crave, and how passionately I love Mexican food. It was not part of my "healthy day" plan to sit on the patio in the sun, drinking on a Corona with lime and munchin' on chips and salsa, but G treated me to lunch at this place and I couldn't think of anything better to be doing. It was then that I finally understood all those Corona commercials where the couples are just sitting on the beach, listening to the waves, not saying anything but a sigh here and there as they bask in contentment. I was Cinderella, on a beach, with a beer and basket of chips.
As we made our way to Arbon, I let G lead the way to the lake side we use to visit when he lived there. He mentioned how much he missed the town's attitude, laid back and not in a hurry. Arbon was the one of the first memories I had of Switzerland. (The absolute first memory I have was being jetlagged and nauseated on his brother's office couch and the smell of really strong Appenzeller cheese) People were everywhere, scattered, decorating the shoreline. By then, my legs were pretty worn out but I was fine. We finally stopped and unpacked at one of the more secluded public parks and laid in the sun for a couple of hours. G collected rocks and I collected myself.










Sunday, we did it all over again (minus the bicycles). Naemi and Claudio came out around noon to meet us for lunch and grill some food. We spent the rest of the afternoon wrapped up in blankets on the shoreline because the sun couldn't make up its mind. I was smart enough to remember my camera and shot a few istockphoto-esk pictures.
































3 comments:
Those pictures are gorgeous, Rachel. I really hope I get to come out and visit.
i want to be there. sigh, i want to do healthy, outdoor stuff but it is overcast and cold here...still. but i'm trying to be healthy on the inside.
whenever we meet up, we will have to all have coronas with lime and silence. <3 miss you.
I don't remember Cinderella drinking beer.....
Post a Comment